Before
The bottom photo shows you how cold and uninviting this entry was before I was given the interior design challenge to make it more exciting. I used metallic gold backed grass cloth on the opposite wall from the concrete. The texture and intriguing hint of gold shimmer beneath, immediately warmed up the space. The sheer length of the hallway entry was daunting and finding two identical or coordinating runners in bright colors was impossible, I could have had them made but we didn't want to wait. Using FLOR carpet tiles was an easy fix. They provided color and texture along with whatever length I might need. The red lacquer round mirror and simple modern lines of the entry table kept it all very clean. The rectangular metallic ceramic lamp with woven shade is really an exquisite quality piece. I LOVE the colors and the visual interest of this no longer boring entry...and I am especially happy that my client has given me the rest of the condo to design!
 
Top