Christmas is almost here and people are frantically decorating their homes. I hope I can help to make your home beautiful with some easy design tips.

1. Use what you already have.
I had a silver sea shell in the powder room that holds guest soaps. I used it on my dining table at Christmas filled with orchids.
Fill your grandma's glass punch bowl with greens.
Use a white quilt as a table cloth.
Fill a pedestal cake plate with votive candles.
Lay down a bed of fresh greens, then fill a large glass bowl with water and float Chinese glass floats and floating candles as a centerpiece.

2. Decorate with colors that coordinate with your decor.
This is probably the biggest mistake that I see people make each year...they decorate with colors that do not work with their existing decor and it is not enhancing to their home.
I used silver and blue to coordinate with my floating home decor.

3. Add a touch of whimsy.
Bring out a ceramic white bunny, wooden horse, iron dragonfly. Look around your garden for decorative element that might be a nice touch inside for the holidays.

And don't forget to have fun with your decor...incorporate things that you might not normally see on a tree...like nestling brightly colored patterned porcelain plates towards the trunk of the tree where they would be secure but add much needed punch!
Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.
 
Top